Pages

Wednesday 25 October 2017

There are no sea eagles in Sussex

The excitement of the Outer Hebrides trip is becoming just a memory, admittedly a good memory.

I have had a few days relaxing since I got back but now that period is over and I am back in the routine of maintaining a high level of fitness. I focus on getting distance and height into my legs on a daily basis as the objective is to climb hills as effortlessly as possible.  

I break my routine up by including regular trips to local hills and this week I was in West Sussex.

The weather was damp and visibility was poor.  The wildlife seemed to be hiding and I certainly did not see a sea eagle which I had been fortunate enough to do in the Outer Hebrides.  But I covered a lot of miles and on the way visited 6 hill tops including the one below.

This particular blog is dedicated to all the hours I spend maintaining my fitness levels.  Some are boring and some are rewarding.  This walk over the hills surrounding the River Arun near Pulborough was definitely rewarding despite the lack of sea eagles.


No comments:

Post a Comment