Pages

Thursday 12 October 2017

Superb days on Barra

Friday 13th

The ferry has not sailed for 2 days due to the gales.  It is causing a backlog of vehicles waiting to get to the mainland.  Hopefully it will sail tomorrow as this is when I hope to go the Oban and on to Kerrera.

There is plenty to do on Barra if I am stuck yesterday I walked over 2 Marilyns and then onto the far end of Vatersay Island which is now connected to Barra via a causeway.  The final hill involved real scrambling and rewarded me with iconic views.

The wildlife is stunning. Seals look on inquisitively. I watched an otter or Eriskay and yesterday a huge sea eagle slowly flapped past me high on Ben Tangabhal. Maybe just 10 flaps and then it used the thermals to soar to a point where it was impossible to see with the naked eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment