Pages

Wednesday 29 May 2019

Tuesday May 28th 2019

The final day of the trip and the final hills, one of which was a Marilyn.  Over the next few days I will reflect on the whole trip and post a couple of blogs with my thoughts on the whole experience.

My conclusion to the adventure was a couple of easy hills near to Dingwall, as this was sort of on the way back to Inverness to catch the Caledonian Sleeper Train south.

Hills have a habit of providing the unexpected.  I was using the mountain bike and had nearly reached the first summit when the bike chain snapped and I didn't have the required repair kit. First things first!  I walked to the top of the two summits.

It was about 5 miles back to Dornoch and most of it was downhill which I freewheeled.  Exhilarating!

The second picture shows Ben Wyvis from the final top of the trip.

Distance walked in day 16k. Total distance walked on trip 392k
Distance biked today 9k. Total distance biked on trip 202k
Height climbed today 370m. Total height climbed on trip 19,585m
Marilyns climbed today 1.  Total Marilyns climbed 607.

No comments:

Post a Comment