Pages

Monday 20 May 2019

Monday May 20th 2019

Today I climbed my 600th Marilyn. This entitles me to apply for entry into the Marilyn Hall of Fame at the intermediate level. The next two stages above me are reaching 1000 Marilyns climbed, or completing the whole lot. There are 1557 including a few almost impossible seas stacks on St Kilda.

My 600th Marilyn was Beinn Lunndaidh which is only 446 meters high. It is a bit of a lump and the approach involves crossing some wet, boggy and pathless country from Ben Braggie, a smaller hill on which stands a huge statute of the Duke of Sutherland. I even managed to complete the climb between showers and so avoiding a soaking.

Now for new targets and adventures......

Distance walked 13k total distance walked on trip 280k
Total distance biked on trip 159k
Total height climbed 560m 
Total height climbed on trip 15610m

No comments:

Post a Comment