Pages

Monday 27 April 2015

Reflections

My wife has returned!!!  78 long days apart are over.  Time for a few reflective thoughts and time to plan the next adventures of our lives.



I will reflect only on my trips and leave Philippa to comment on Indo China.  My love of the Great Outdoors remains as strong as ever.  I have managed to be out and about for well over a third of the time we have been apart, travelling locally in the South East, but mainly in Scotland and the Lake District, with one day in Wales.




I have experienced all types of weather, and undertaken trips of varying degrees of difficulty.  The main problem has been the tough pathless conditions experienced on remote hills in Scotland. But this added to the enjoyment as it was an obstacle to overcome and meant that few other walkers had been in the area.  Hence an increase in  opportunities to see wildlife.
 
Travelling by bike was a huge success.  In one sense the bike is restrictive as I could not cover as much ground, but the plus side was travelling at a speed which enabled me to fully appreciate the countryside through which I was passing.


What next?  Hopefully we will not be apart for so long again.  My mountain targets include finishing the Wainwrights (20 to go) and adding substantially to the number of hills climbed, both Marilyns and non Marilyns.  I want to explore more of the remoter parts of Scotland and hopefully the islands.  Ideally Philippa and I can explore the islands together using the services of Caledonian McBrayne.



Oh and the kitchen looked worse after Philippa returned, which she claims is due to unpacking her stuff after 3 months away, and also to sorting out all the issues my time in charge had created.  I am sure some discipline, organisation and structure will now return to my life.  Hopefully not too much!  May the adventure continue!



No comments:

Post a Comment