Pages

Saturday 28 February 2015

Back to London tonight

I have time before travelling back to London, to catch the Borrowdale bus again.  This time I get off at Rosthwaite and walk up the delightfully named Puddingstone Bank.  The snow of yesterday has retreated to the higher fells. Therefore the going is easier although there are a few hail filled squalls whipping through which keep me huddled up.

The first hill I climb is Great Crag which is a Wainwright. This leaves 30 Wainwrights to do. I make my way back to Puddingstone Bank which I cross and go up Grange Fell, also a Wainwight, so now only 29 to go. 

I traverse the fell via the subsidiary top of King's How from where there are great views across Derwentwater and pick up the bus back to Keswick at Grange.

So now I am back in an empty house in London, where I am having to do strange things such as run the washing machine and do food shopping.  Well these are strange things to me!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds as though your trip was a great success despite the issues with the bus. And don't forget the useful new shop at the end of the road: COOK, easier than you trying to attempt it x

    ReplyDelete