Pages

Monday 24 February 2020

Snow fell over night on Sunday, but by 8.30 it had turned to rain.  Underfoot was slush as Graham and I left Seathwaite for Wallbarrow Crag.

The path was flooded and where snow and slush lay, the rocks were slippery.. We made our way along the spectacular gorge. The river was in spate.  The heavy drizzle created misty conditions meaning photos were out of the question which was a pity as we had to make a couple of interesting river crossings  through minor torrents.

Wallbarrow Crag is the home of Rock climbers but not today. Indeed, as usual, we saw nobody. It was quiet enough for us to find very recent otter tracks in the snow who sadly we had probably disturbed.

Annoyingly I hurt my hip badly just before the summit which made for a very uncomfortable descent. Thankfully Graham was a major help in getting me down.

I write this sitting in front of a wood burner in a nice warm lounge, with an ice block on my hip, hoping for a miracle recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment