Pages

Thursday 26 March 2015

East, North, South and West coast

Since Philippa left on her jolly I have managed to stand on beaches on the East, North, South and today, West coasts of Britain.  The first was Helmsdale in North East Scotland.
Next I visited Thurso when the tide was a long way out.  Orkney is in the background.
I made a short day trip to Folkestone to walk another Marilyn
And today it was the Irish Sea at the River Esk estuary.  Once again the tide was a long way out

I had today planned to walk three hills several miles north but the morning dawned wet and this was followed by high winds. I decided to save the 3 hill trip for another day and instead walk over Muncaster Fell (a Marilyn) to Ravenglass on the coast and then catch the little train back to Eskdale Green.

Back to London tomorrow after 6 days good and sometimes excellent walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment